14 October, 2009

Our hearts have hopelessly lost the way....

Wonderful merciful Savior
Precious redeemer and friend
Who would have thought that a lamb could
Rescue the souls of men, Oh You rescue the souls of men

Counselor, comforter, keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way, Oh we hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace our
Hearts always hunger for, Oh our hearts always hunger for

Almighty infinite father
Faithfully loving Your own
Herein our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne, Oh we're falling before Your throne

(Selah)


So this hymn was been playing over and over and over on my iTunes right now. It makes me weep and draws me back to humble submission before the Cross.


We are in the final days now. I escaped to Kigali b/c there is a lack of water in Nyagatare. Ready to be home, sad to leave, oh so much left to do.


God is healing.


I was watching Practical Magic the other night and there is a line about "can love go back in time and heal a broken heart?"


And, the answer is yes! Yes it can, yes He can. But we have to be open to it. He cannot  heal what we refuse to give Him. But if we are open He can heal more than we realize was there.


God is good, and finds us in our brokenness and carries us.


God is God and I am man. He is the creator of the world, and I am but one of His creations. So I let God be God and I will be man - and if I trust Him to save me, to have created the world, to know each one of us intimately, to meet us in the quiet cries of our heart - then I trust Him enough to let Him love me and will stop running or looking to man, or money, or position, or people to satisfy the part of my heart only He can...


'Therefore I am going to allure her, I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her...' I will speak to her with and about My unfailing, protecting, hopeful, trustworthy, persevering love.