02 July, 2009

Rwanda...

With only 26 hours to go, I am busy in DC getting last minute items, saying goodbye to friends and repacking (again!). It's hard to believe that after 6 months of anticipation, tons of prayer, many discussions (& tears) and tons of prep that RWANDA is finally here.

I would appreciate prayer. In these last few moments my nerves are increasing. I realized I am the kind of person who get nervous right before a transition. It was hard leaving CO, and while it will be hard leaving DC tomorrow, I know Rwanda is the right place for me to be going. Still, I feel attacked and have cried a lot in the last week - so pray for God's voice to win out over the lies, for me to turn to Him and not wallow in the "What Ifs?" and to remember that this is what I want.

Other requests:
- Safety in travel and health
- Relationships with my sister church
- Humility as I move about the community and adjust to a new culture

And most importantly:
- That I would meet God in this new endeavor. That I would come to know Him better and find my rest, security and hope in Him.


Blessings friends! If I don't have time to write before, I will see you again in Rwanda.