08 April, 2008

I Saw What I Saw



Singer Sara Groves went to Rwanda and wrote a song about what she saw. In its telling lyrics is a call to all of us who face the reality of what our world is. In that struggle real questions are raised, and the temptation is to let busyness or other distractions pull us from facing what's plaguing our hearts. But when we stop and face what we've seen, what we know, we can find a way to truth and, in the end, movement.

"I saw what I saw and I can't forget it. I heard what I heard and I can't go back. I know what I know and I can't deny it...

Something on the road, cut me to the soul

Your pain has changed me, your dreams inspire, your face a memory, your hope a fire, your courage asks me what I'm afraid of (what I am made of) and what I know of love..."