02 July, 2010

It's a Bike, It's a Shopping Cart, It's Both!

Three words: I want one.

See more of this amazing idea here.

Reprinted from EcoGeek.

It's a Bike, It's a Shopping Cart, It's Both!: "

bike-cart
A cool new folding bike design solves the 'where do I put my bags?' and 'where do I put my bike?' issues of cycling to the store. The Ville, Urban Folding Bicycle features two ample storage baskets and folds into a cart to help you shop.


Designer Hyuk-Jae Chang created the Ville. This great idea gets rid of the need to lock your bike up while you're in the store -- you just take it in with you. The middle hinge allows the bike to fold up and become a perfectly-sized grocery cart. In four steps and the touch of a button, you're ready to cruise the aisles.


When you're done shopping, the bags stay in the baskets and you can pedal home. If you live close enough to a store, it really eliminates any excuse to drive instead of ride. We've seen some cool urban bike concepts and this one, while low-tech, ranks near the top.


Chang designed the bike with Cannondale in mind. I sure hope they're paying attention.


via Treehugger

"