13 August, 2009

Back to Rwanda

So I made it back safely from the Congo! Thank you for all of your prayers. It was an amazing trip, something I will be processing for a while to come. I met some incredible people and felt at home for the first time since coming to Africa, really since I decided to come to Africa back in January. The country next door definitely has my heart. When I left today it felt like I was leaving home, and that made me sad.


Not to be without it's drama I somehow got to the Rwanda border without getting an exit stamp from Congo (oops!) fortunately one of the staff was there and went to get it for me (the offices are about a mile apart, over a river and through the woods). I guess the border patrol wanted me to come back too (aka give me money American) but they quelled the situation and I was able to get on my way. My flight back to Kigali left at 10am and I got there at 9:40 and the plane actually left at 10:30. Ha, got to love Rwanda.


It feels oddly good to be back. I walked into the airport feeling comfortable with what was around me. I am now with a family serving in Kigali with the same organization I stayed with in Congo. The wife met me at the airport, and we got Indian food for lunch (so good!), did some shopping at UTC and came home for the afternoon.


I don't know what to say about the Congo. I don't know more than I did a week ago in terms of possibly serving there. I want to, I really liked Bukavu and seeing the Feeding Center - oh there is so much to be done there, and I have so many ideas!


Please pray that God's Will will be done, that I would be patient (I know!) and trust His timing.  Once I know something you will too, but for now, there is nothing in Congo on the horizon.




My heart is broken, but I am trying to get through. I am meeting my Compassion child tomorrow - so excited!!!! - so that is something to look forward to. I am grateful for the chance to see it and be there for a week.






Blessed and saddened at the same time.



me