02 July, 2008

ALBERTINE



The Lyrics are powerful. I only hope we are all so affected by something some day...

ALBERTINE

I am sitting still. I think of Angelique, her mother’s voice over me, and the bullets in the wall where it fell silent.

And on a thousandth hill I think of Albertine. There in her eyes what I don’t see with my own

Rwanda

CHORUS: Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead. Now that I have held you in my own arms I cannot let go ‘til you are

I am on a plane across a distant sea. But I carry you in me and in the dust on, the dust on my feet

Rwanda

CHORUS

Bridge: And I’ll tell the world. I will tell them where I’ve been. I will keep my word. I will tell them, Albertine

CHORUS

I am on a stage a thousand eyes on me. I will tell them, Albertine. I will tell them, Albertine